Friday 16 September 2011

First Week of School

My baby started school this week.  It seems like just the other day I held my tiny girl for the very first time, but somehow nearly 4 years have flown by.  Naturally, we've been preparing her for kinder all summer, talking about what to expect and I had really hoped that the drop-off in the supervised kinder play area would go well, but when it actually DID go smoothly (she barely glanced at us as we walked away), it turns out I was the one unprepared.  I definitely had to fight back some tears as I watched her proudly walk off with her teacher.  She had a fabulous first day, and has looked forward to returning every day this week.  She thinks her French teacher is hysterically funny and she enjoys playing with kids her age every day, although she already says recess is her favourite time!

No comments:

Post a Comment