Sunday 8 January 2012

Holiday Synopsis

I've not disappeared from the planet, just been busy celebrating Christmas and looking after my monkeys while Jeff has been away on business for 10 days. (He comes home tomorrow ... hooray!) A quick synopsis of the past few weeks:

The winter blues had me hugely procrastinating all December about getting ready for Christmas.  So I suddenly had to sprint and get everything done in the last week before the holiday.  Because with 7 days left to go, it looked like there might not BE a Christmas at the Tiltons this year. Yikes!  Note to self:  next year, get my hiney in gear earlier, no matter what it takes. Though I did discover that when you wait until the week before Christmas to visit Santa, there's no line up at the mall.

Christmas was lovely.  There was lots of extended family, good food, laughter, and the requisite gifts.  Maya's favourite gift is a small stuffed Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer that came in her stocking.  Chloe's favourite gift is the SweetPea3 mp3 player from Tag Along Toys which I won in a draw days before Christmas which Santa brought her from his workshop. She loves being able to carry her favourite music with her all around the house.

My birthday number mumblety-mumble passed nicely.  I had a visit from a dear friend in the daytime.  In the evening my parents joined us for a dinner out, followed by ice cream cake at our house. It was a nice day.

Jeff has been away since New Year's Eve, so the girls and I have been hanging out, enjoying the school break.  Maya has loved being able to sleep in and just be at home, though she's happy to start back at school tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Driving up the highway I was wondering about um...advances...in kid focused music. Mae's moving into top 40, so help us, but I have no idea where to start to get an updated batch of preschool music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Chloe's favourite song is K'Naan's "Wavin' Flag", and Maya like Great Big Sea ... but apart from that, I can recommend the Barenaked Ladies's kids' CD "Snacktime". Both girls also like Bobs & Lolo, a Vancouver-based duo whose original songs are fun but not too juvenile. You can get a taste of their music here: http://www.bobsandlolo.com/music.html

    ReplyDelete