Tuesday 20 December 2011

Another Lesson Learned

I learned yet another mommy lesson yesterday.  For a while now, I've been saving room in my purse by leaving spare wipes and diapers in the car when we're out and about.  This works great ... except I didn't think about the fact that the temperature is now dropping below freezing. 

Yesterday, just as we were getting out of the car at the mall, I caught a whiff of Chloe's diaper (which, it should be noted, had already been changed right before we left home).  No problem, I think.  I've done quick changes in the back of the car before.  We can do this and still be on time to see Santa.  Until I tried to pull a wipe out of the package.  Frozen solid.  Some serious tugging finally pulled one loose.  Then I had to defrost it between the palms of my hands until it was usable.  Usable, but still not that warm.  Let's just say Chloe was not impressed. 

I'll be keeping wipes in my purse again for the rest of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment