Monday 28 November 2011

5 Things I like about my home

Because I've been feeling blah lately, I thought I'd stop and look around me this evening and be appreciative of my home.
  1. The island in my kitchen.  I enjoy having this island as a workspace and a delineation between the working and eating areas of the kitchen.
  2. The main floor powder room.  It was one of the first spaces we made over after moving into the house, and I still like the green paint colour (despite the name "reptilian") and the framed mirror we chose.
  3. The guest bedroom.  I love, love, love the blue colour in there so much I almost wish we had it in the master bedroom (though it wouldn't suit the space of our room nearly as well). I also like the high, arched window of the guest bedroom.  It's the room with the most direct sunlight in the whole house and also the best view out onto the street.  It's simply furnished, with just a bed, night table and one chair, but I like that it's always clean and uncluttered.
  4. The reading nook in the hallway at the top of the stairs. Right now, it holds a bookcase and a rocking chair, perfect for reading bedtime stories (or middle of the day stories) with our girls.  As the girls learn to read on their own, I can see us swapping out the rocking chair for a couple of bean bag chairs instead.
  5. The double garage.  It is a blessing to be able to park both cars in the garage during the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment