Tuesday 8 November 2011

Thankful

5 things I'm thankful for today:
  1. The shower Chloe had with me this morning. For a long time she just sat in my lap under the warm spray and leaned in to my chest and hugged me. It was very peaceful.
  2. That we can afford for me to take this time out of the workplace.  I have been very conscious recently that my year of maternity leave expired with my daughter's first birthday, and I'm thankful I'm able to be home with and for my girls.
  3. The delicious peach smoothie Jeff made me this evening.
  4.  Maya made a request of me this evening, in a nice voice and using a complete sentence including the word please. Unprompted.  (This is something we have really been working on.  She's gotten in a bad habit of making point-form demands, often in the voice of the baby animal of her choice).
  5. The box of household treasures and box of books that are packed up and waiting to leave the house to eventually (I hope) give joy to others as they find new homes at the church bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment